In the spring of 2018 FCF awarded a grant to the Senior Resource Center for several Living History Presentations.
Education & Activities are one of the eight Pillars of Service at the Senior Resource Center. Living History Presentations allow SRC to bring both a learning and social opportunity to the community at a time that it is well-suited for seniors.
Some of the presentations funded:
- R.J. Lindsey presented George Eastman on June 14 in a program titled, “History Through the Lens of Kodak.”
- Leslie Goddard portrayed Amelia Earhart on August 22.
- Duffy Hudson performed “George Burns: Alive and In Concert” to a packed house on October 24.
- Laura F. Keyes presented Laura Ingalls Wilder, focusing on her Christmas preparations, to an overflow crowd on December 4. .
Senior Resource’s eight Pillars of Service are:
- Community Care
- Information & Assistance
- Adult Protective Services
- Money Management
- Tax Aide
- Education & Activities